Rejuvenate your skin.
Rejuvenate your skin.
A chemical peel is a technique used to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck or hands. During the procedure, a chemical solution is applied to the skin which causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off. The new, regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin.
Chemical peels are used to treat a number of conditions including:
Generally light-haired and fair skinned people are the best candidates for chemical peel. The procedure does not work as well on dark-skinned patients. The procedure is not recommended for individuals with infections, active skin disease, cut or broken skin, sunburns or active Herpes simplex 1 sores. Other contra-indications include patients who are:
- Nursing or pregnant.
- Have psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis or rosacea.
- Have used Retinols, prescription skin care products, products that contain ascorbic acid, bleaching or skin-lightening agents or other acid-based products in the last 48 hours.
Chemicals peels sting but do not cause a great deal of pain. The gentlest peels use alpha- hydroxy, glycolic, lactic or fruit acids are also gentle. They may cause stinging, redness, irritation and crusting but as the skin begins to adjust all these problems will lessen. Trichloroacetic acids are used for stronger peelings. They remove wrinkles, superficial blemishes and pigment problems. Phenol is the strongest of all treatments and removes deep lines and wrinkles on the face. These type of treatments sting more than those with the gentler acids. After the treatment there may be redness, swelling and irritation but the use of creams and gels will reduce these effects. Also the doctor may prescribe medicines that will help relieve the problems after the peel.
- Temporary or permanent change in skin colour, particularly for women on birth control pills, who subsequently become pregnant or have a history of brownish facial discolouration.
- Reactivation of cold sores
All peels require some follow-up care:
- Superficial peels require one to seven days to heal. Treated skin will initially be red and may scale. Lotion or cream should be applied until the skin heals, followed by daily use of sunscreen. Makeup can usually be worn the next day.
- Medium peels require seven to 14 days to heal. Treated skin will initially be red and swollen. Swelling worsens for the first 48 hours. Eyelids may swell shut. Blisters may form and break. Skin crusts and peels off in seven to 14 days. Skin must be soaked daily for a specified period, followed by ointment application. Antiviral medication is taken for 10 to 14 days. Mild lotion or cream may be applied. Avoid all sun exposure until healing is complete. Camouflage makeup may be worn after five to seven days. A follow-up appointment will be necessary to monitor progress.
Sun exposure and smoking after a chemical peel must be avoided because they can cause unwanted side effects, including infection and scarring.
|1 Treatment||from £40|
|3 Treatments||from £100|
The LPS Medical Aesthetics Skincare Plan
We have joined with DPAS Limited to design a facial aesthetics plan. This plan will be administered by DPAS who will make a separate arrangement with you to manage your payments under the plan. The plan will provide advantages both to you and to us. It will allow us to plan your regular care more effectively and the advantage for you is that you will have the peace of mind that all of your routine treatment will be covered by convenient monthly payments.
|What's included||SilverSave £190||GoldSave £290||PlatinumSave £310|
|4 Chemical Peels|
|1 Mesotherapy Rejuvapen Treatment|
|10% off ZO Skin Health by Zein Obagi|
|Anti-Wrinkle Injections||X||2 per year*||3 per year*|
|Dermal Fillers||X||X||1 syringe per year**|
|Fee per month||£30||£65||£110|
* 2 areas. ** 1 x 1ml syringe per year
- Complimentary Consultation
- Complimentary follow up and advice
- 10% discount on all additional injectable treatments (anti-wrinkle injections & dermal fillers)
- 10% discount on medical microneedling
- 10% discount on hyperhidrosis treatment
- 10% discount on skin tightening treatments (Profhilo)
4.59 Average 76 Reviews